Sunday, June 18, 2006

Keep Away

KEEP AWAY
Don't get to know me
Don't offer your friendship to me
Keep away from me
You'll only hurt me

Remain superficial
Then everything stays safe
Ethereal kindness that means nothing
A connection without substance
Don't come closer
Keep away

A heart of stone feels no pain
But mine is flesh
And filled with all the raw emotions of my soul
Keep away
You'll only lie
End up telling me goodbye
Let's don't let it get that far
Keep your distance
Sweet and shallow
Meaningless, ethereal

Don't raise my hopes to drop me from the height
Don't make me think everything's all right
It never is once they find out how I am
So do me a favor if you want to be my friend
And keep away from me

Cie
06/18/2006

3 comments:

consise10 said...

hmmmm

Unknown said...

"So do me a favor if you want to be my friend
And keep away from me"

Why?

Peace,

Danny

Cie Cheesemeister said...

It was kind of inspired by a line from a Chris Isaak song
"If I really loved you
Then I'd never call you
Because I wouldn't want to hurt you, my love"

People who want to be my friends usually think I'm something other than what I am. Then they end up hurting me. Superficial is easier. That's why.