Monday, July 17, 2006

Lies or Misunderstandings

LIES
Why do you lie
And pretend you care
Pretend to me
And yourself
That you wanted to be there
And when I need you
When I need a friend
When I need a shoulder
You run away
Gone
Was I something
That was interesting
At the beginning
But in the end
Being my friend
Was too complicated
Or was I too boring
Why
Do you lie
Did you pretend
You wanted a friend
When what you really wanted
Was something glamorous
That's not me
Or couldn't you see
My outsides don't lie
They reflect the I
That lives inside
Broken and twisted
Damaged goods
Forever scarred
Like the posessions that remain
After a house fire
Or the marks that remain on the skin
Of the victim of an accident
Or a beating
Or the scars that reside inside
From years of abuse
Betrayal
Abandonment
It is not wonderful to have a friend
For in the end
They all
Lie
And leave me alone again
Cie
07/17/2006

No comments: