Monday, October 16, 2006

Reversal of Fortune

Reversal of Fortune
See how everything crumbles when all hope is gone
Watch the world fall apart inside my troubled mind
What was beautiful in the eyes of the destroyed becomes monstrous
Watch as hope before me bleeds and dies
Watch as love turns to hate
Watch as dreams turn to nightmares
Watch as everything I've worked for crumbles into dust
Watch me wander through the ruins of every shattered dream
Every ruined hope
Every foolish wish
And laugh at the reversal of my imagined fortune
Laugh and revel
That you are "normal"
That your expectations do not exceed your reality
But if you had my reality
Your wishes too would be lies
I was born to die
But not allowed to live between the dates on my headstone.
Cie
10/16/2006

3 comments:

tsduff said...

That is a very sad place - for whomever it is a reality. I hope it is not yours.

I think you ought to pull a "geographical" get the hell out of where ever you are! Pronto!

Cie Cheesemeister said...

Great idea if you have the money to do it and no family ties. :-)
This is my reality at least part of the time. Its called being bipolar, and probably cursed for some dumb thing or other that I did in another life. Probably parked my horse and buggy in a handicapped spot and it crapped on Tiny Tim or something.

Anonymous said...

Gawd I so enjoy your fluid and 'dark' expression.It hits me somewhere within..well written!