Monday, November 20, 2006

Done

I don't want to do
What you want me to
Any more
When I'm done with what
I need to get done
I'm winking out
Like a genie going back into it's bottle
And I'm taking the goddamn bottle with me
So you can't bother me
With your wants
Needs
or unwanted desires
Any more
Your scapegoat is escaping
Your vicarious dreams are gone
In a puff of smoke
Your sacrificial lamb is growing horns
I'm gone
I'm done
I'm through
With your wants
Your wishes
Your needs
And you.

Cie
11/20/2006

4 comments:

The Violent Vixen said...

Your poetry never ceases to amaze me.I especially like this part: "Like a genie going back into it's bottle
And I'm taking the goddamn bottle with me"

I wish I could say that... I just can't let go, guess it doesn't help that we were friends before the mess we made and we're still friends now. It's hard to just be friends...

Cie Cheesemeister said...

Hi,
It is hard to be "friends" after a breakup. Sometimes it actually ends up being better, but it does take a long time for the pain to go away. I wish you the best with your situation.

Anonymous said...

Powerful...hardhitting!

Cie Cheesemeister said...

Thanks Concise.
I remember that this is you. Sorry about not answering sooner, and sorry that Booger is being stupid since I switched to beta.
Why oh why...