Sunday, December 10, 2006

Spirit Of The Moon

Ethereal being, moonlight fair
With opal skin and moonstone hair
Wings of black like the night sky
Disappearing when the day is nigh

Daylight lays bare my misery
To the ridicule of those who see
The sorrow I cannot put to rights
My tears are hidden by the night

The moon-priest holds me to his breast
Safe in his arms allowed to rest
Embracing my secrets tenderly
Never mocking, sets me free

The daylight dwellers ridicule
Call me a madwoman and a fool
But their blind souls will never know
The beauty in the tender glow

Within the moonlight's sweet embrace
Even those despised are given grace
Flaws unacceptable in sun's bright light
Are sometimes beautiful at night

To those seen as ugly and maligned
The Spirit of the Moon is kind
Behind the black of nighttime's shield
The beauty of our souls, revealed.

Cie
12/11/2006

I generally prefer not to write rhyming poems, but I kind of like this one.

No comments: