Wednesday, December 21, 2005

From the End of a Marriage

Another painful poem written in 1991 or 1992
COMEDY
Life's a cruel joke
And it's plain to see
The only thing I'm good at
Is failing miserably

I'll never be no good
I'll never get nowhere
I'd shoot myself in the head
But I don't really care

I can't even write
I prob'ly can't read
I can't get what I want
I don't fill any need

If I ever make good
I think I'll drop dead
Because being a chronic failure
Is the station to which I was bred

So go ahead and laugh
Go on and have your fun
Because we all end up going under
When all is said and done

Commentary from Today's Cheesemeister:
Holy crapoley! With that kind of pain, Me back then was the kind of person that Me Now feels deep sympathy for. It's no wonder I can relate to this tortured soul.

Makes me wonder what the hell possesses my rational mind when I have those rare occasions where I think I can quit taking my Lithium because "hell, I feel good today. I probably could go without it and see what happens."
My ass! Never fall for that Stupid Bipolar Trick!
I took it anyway. Because the fewer times that I feel like I did when writing the above poem the better. The Holy be Praised for Lithium!

Peace,
The Cheesemeister

Heaven grant peace to Howard, Jim, Rachel and Per, and all others who didn't make it through the pain.

No comments: