Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Shame, Shame, Shame

Shame, Shame, Shame
The finger has been pointed
And the ones who are to blame
Are those who profit from and exploit
Another person's pain

Those who stand by apathetic
And who revel in the same
Though they may not have created it
Are equally to blame

They ought to be ashamed
But they don't give a damn
They keep looking for more victims
To add to their vile plan

Using little children
For sexual exploitation
Marrying sex with gore and violence
Is a shame on every nation

Images of real murder and suicide
Used for entertainment is plain vile
Where I feel their pain, someone else gets a thrill
How can misfortune make some people smile?

Is it freedom of expression
To depict rape as being fun?
Should images of mutilated corpses
Be on view for everyone?

I try to understand and to have sympathy
But some are evil to the core
I've only got so much kindness to go 'round
I've none left for evil ones any more

I hope that they all rot in hell
For the pain they've brought to others
I really don't care if God has pity on them
May He have pity on the victims' mothers

Shame and shame and shame again
On those who exploit others' misfortune
Shame on those who enjoy seeing anguish exploited
I hope that one day you'll be scorchin'

In Hell there's always plenty of room
For those who did others a wicked turn
And while unconditional love is the kindest of ways
Some people just need to burn

Mercy on the souls of those exploited so wrongly
Mercy on the souls of those who mourn them each day
Mercy on the souls of those exposed accidentally
To images which bring such dismay

Shame on the souls of those who exploit
The helpless and lost ones they meet
I hope that one day justice will be met on them
In the name of all they mistreat

Blessings on those who give a damn
Though we may appear to be few
We can't stop trying to heal what's gone wrong
And hoping to let love renew

Peace upon those who have suffered exploitation
Peace upon the victims of mutilation
Peace upon those who chose suicide
Peace upon their loved ones who cried
Peace upon the planet
Peace upon the Universe

Written 12/28/2005
By Cie
Who's damn pissed off
But still really cares about my fellow humans
Even though there seem to be a disproportionate number of assholes and morons among us!

3 comments:

Cie Cheesemeister said...

Oh my, I feel so very uplifted by this commentary hailing the beauty and social relevance of my poetry! I think I will now dance the Jig of Joy! Please do come back often and stroke my ego into throes of near-orgasmic joy, oh Spamalicious One!

Unknown said...

Dearest Cie,

This a very powerful poem. You seemed to vent all your resentments and anger on this, but this is also sweet and compassionate.

Best,

Danny

Cie Cheesemeister said...

Thanks, Danny!
Always a pleasure to have a real person posting on one of my blogs, especially when they are a very cool person!
Yeah, I had a lot of venom in me when I wrote this. But I try never to let fly the venom without a deserving target!
Peace,
Cie