Monday, December 19, 2005

Sister

Written 9/10/2005

I'm afraid I'm always gonna be seen
As everybody's surrogate sister
I like being buddies and having a laugh
But sometimes I wish I had a mister

No certain look is needed
But there's certain traits required
A loving man that wants me the way I am
Is gonna get me inspired

I realize I'm not beautiful
I'm aware that my youth has faded
And having made more than one too many mistakes
Has put me at five past jaded

I'm a woman with true character
I'm a woman who's all heart
I can stand my ground and hold the course
Don't need no users to tear me apart

If I have to go my own in this life
It's better than wasting love on the wrong man
But I've still got lots of love to give someone
I'd like one more chance if I can

But before I go and give my love
I gotta know he's the real thing
Which means only one man can be right
And make my sad heart sing

So don't even bother wasting my time
With "hey Baby, let's spend the night"
Or on stalking and fatal attraction
When I told you it don't feel right

Cause way before the sex thing could happen
The right man would earn my trust
'Cause I"m not willing to waste my love and my time
If all a man's after is lust

Lust is common, lust comes cheap
Good if heartbreak and disease is what you're after
But I'm too old to play those stupid, soul-wasting games
It's time to write a new chapter

I'll just have to pray to Heaven above
To send out the right man for me
And man, if you're wrong I won't trouble myself
I'd rather sail on alone in life's lonely sea

But I'll make one last plea to Heaven
That loneliness ain't the sentence for me
Please send me down an angel to love
From here to eternity

My Comments:
Not the best poem I ever wrote, but it'll get the ball rolling!

Peace,
Cie
The Lady Writer on your Computer Screen

4 comments:

consise10 said...

Keep them coming Cheese, It`s a great start!

Cie Cheesemeister said...

Thanks! Good to hear from ya!
:-)

Unknown said...

Dearest Cie,

This is a very touching poem of a pure soul searching for true love.

Oh so sweet Cie, I hope you could find the one whom you can grow old with, someone who would look through your beautiful soul and immaculate love. I know it will come at your least expected time, just be patient and open your heart to many possibilities.

Best,

Danny

Cie Cheesemeister said...

My true love will probably be Reggie from Phantasm. He will be driving his ice cream truck to escape from the little and brown and low to the ground critters and those flying balls with spikes in them. I will be crossing the street and he will run me over. But he will feel terrible and be at my side every moment until I recover. We will fall in love and spend the rest of our lives fighting the evil things going on in the mausoleum!
I'm such a smart ass--I really do appreciate your kind thoughts for me! :-) I was just thinking of crazy stuff--which happens a lot!
Peace,
Cie